Bluecat Address Manager
This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Bluecat Address Manager to forward Syslog messages to XSIAM in UTC format.
Please proceed with the following steps to configure syslog redirection on the BAM server:
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under General, click Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type dropdown menu, select Syslog.
- Under General Settings > Syslog Server enter the IPv4 address of the BrokerVM and click Add.
- Click Update.
To configure the BAM server to send logs in UTC format, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the BlueCat Address Manager web interface using your administrator credentials.
- Click the Administration tab located at the top of the page.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, click System and then select System Configuration.
- In the System Configuration page, you will see various configuration options. Look for the Timezone section.
- Click the Edit button next to the Timezone field.
- A pop-up window or a dropdown menu will appear, depending on the version of BlueCat Address Manager you are using.
- If it's a pop-up window, select the desired timezone from the list provided and click Save or Apply to save the changes.
- If it's a dropdown menu, click the dropdown arrow and select the desired timezone from the list. Then click Save or Apply to save the changes.
Once you have saved the changes, the timezone in BlueCat Address Manager will be updated accordingly.
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector > Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - bluecat
- product as product - address_manager