This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
To configure a remote logging server on a Cisco Nexus switch, follow these steps:
- Access the Nexus switch's command-line interface (CLI) through a console connection or SSH.
- Enter privileged EXEC mode by typing "enable" and providing the appropriate password.
- Enter configuration mode by typing "configure terminal".
> enable # configure terminal
- Specify the logging server by entering the following command:
# logging server <server-ip-address>
Note: The logs will receive the correct timezone only when the UTC timezone is set; otherwise, the logs will display the "insert time" as the timestamp.
To send logs to a remote server with UTC timezone, use the following command:
# logging server <server-ip-address> timezone <timezone>
Replace <server-ip-address\> with the IP address of the BrokerVM and <timezone\> with UTC.
- To confirm these settings, show the remote syslog server configuration:
# show logging server
- Save the configuration:
# copy running-config startup-config
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Go to the apps tab and add the Syslog app. If it already exists, click the Syslog app and then click Configure.
- Click Add New.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - cisco
- product as product - nexus