This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Corelight Sensor to forward Zeek Syslog messages.
- Open the Corelight Sensor UI, and on the left menu bar click Configuration.
- Open the Export tab and scroll down to Export to Syslog.
- Under "Syslog Server"- Set your XSIAM IP and Port numbers.
- Under Syslog Format- Pick the "Default" option.
- Under Syslog Facility- Set your Syslog Facility, e.g., Local0.
- Under Syslog Severity- Select the severity for the logs you will sent, e.g., Info.
- Open the Maintain tab.
- Under Performance Monitoring, enable the Reporting to Syslog (UDP-Only) option and set a time interval (e.g., 1min).
- Under Performance Monitoring, enable the Reporting Through Zeek Log Streams option and set a time interval (e.g., 1min).
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector > Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - corelight
- product as product - zeek