This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Forcepoint NGFW to forward Syslog messages in CEF format.
Open Forcepoint NGFW interface, and follow these instructions;
- Select Home.
- Browse to Others > Log Server
- Right-click the Log Server from which you want to forward log data, and select Properties.
- Click the Log Forwarding tab.
- To create a rule, click Add.
- In the select Target Host cell, select the external host to which the log data is forwarded.
6.1. Double-click the Target Host cell.
6.2. Select a Host element.
6.3. Click Select
- To add a rule, click Add.
- Configure the log forwarding rules.
- Click OK.
- Additional documentation for log forwarding is available here at: SMC configuration > Configuring the Log Server > Forwarding log data from Log Servers to external hosts > Add log forwarding rules to Log Servers.
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector > Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - forcepoint
- product as product - firewall