This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Fortigate versions: 7.x
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Fortigate to forward Syslog messages.
- Log in to the FortiGate web interface using your admin credentials.
- Open a CLI console by clicking the _> icon in the top right corner
- Run the following command:
bash config log syslogd setting set status enable set server <syslog_IP> set format cef set mode udp set port <port_number>
More information can be found here
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
- Support for timestamp parsing is available only for the FTNTFGTeventtime and FTNTFGTduration fields in Epoch (UTC) format.
- Timestamp calculation for logs is the presented result of deducting FTNTFGTduration from FTNTFGTeventtime.
You will need to use the information described here.\
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings -> Configuration -> Data Broker -> Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector -> Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set:
- vendor as Fortinet
- product as FortiGate