This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Kubernetes to forward Syslog messages.
The following should be configured for Kubernetes;
- Create the audit policy file using Kubernetes documentation
- Place the audit policy file in a folder that can be accessed by kube-apiserver pod through a volume mapping:
Code --> Kubectl describe pod < kube-apiserver pod > —namespace kube-system
- Configure the kube-apiserver to output in log mode:
In order to parse the timestamp correctly, make sure to configure the logs to be sent in a UTC timezone (timestamp ends with Z).
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector > Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - kubernetes
- product as product - kubernetes