Check Point Firewall
This pack includes Cortex XSIAM content.
Configuration on Server Side
You need to configure Check Point to forward Syslog messages in CEF format.
Go to Checkpoint Log Export, and follow the instructions under "Basic Deployment" to set up the connection using the following guidelines:
- If you use version R77.30 or R80.10, follow the instructions to install a Log Exporter.
- Set the Syslog port to 514 or your agent port.
- Replace the "name" and "<target-server IP address\>" in the CLI with the broker VM name and IP address.
Set the format to CEF.
Collect Events from Vendor
In order to use the collector, use the Broker VM option.
To create or configure the Broker VM, use the information described here.
You can configure the specific vendor and product for this instance.
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Data Broker > Broker VMs.
- Right-click, and select Syslog Collector > Configure.
- When configuring the Syslog Collector, set the following values:
- vendor as vendor - Checkpoint
- product as product - Firewall